Brief Status Update

Dissertation Proposal: Complete draft submitted to chair. Awaiting revisions [read: severe emotional breakdown following the return of my draft, which my chair will no doubt make bleed with her many comments...all in the interest of honing my proposal to a sharp point, of course.] Data collection underway via Hope clinical trial. Presentation proposal pending for CAPS National conference in April (Orlando, FL!) thanks to dissertation chair.

Internship Applications: Mail merge completed, pending confirmation of certain information from a small handful of sites. APPIC general application completed. To do: Finish essays, write cover letters, obtain graduate transcripts (and a few undergrad ones....who even cares about undergrad anymore?), finalize APPIC application, add final updates to Curriculum Vita, obtain advisor signature on Eligibility & Readiness form, solicit reference letter from Director of Clinical Training, create an application packet for each of 17 sites. Check and re-check application packets twelve times. Send first batch by October 20.

Classes: Consultation proposal due Thursday; almost complete, will meet with co-consultant tomorrow to finalize proposal and contract. Supervision of second-year student underway. Will write papers for each class someday when application task list has been completed.

Stress: 95% and holding steady
Caffeine: 2 cups o'coffee today
Hope: There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep swimming. I think I can, I think I can. [insert inspirational cliche here]

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, I'm worn out just reading about what you have to get done!! May the Lord be your strength.

Anonymous said...

If this doesn't kill you, you'll make a good psychologist!

Rebecca said...

I understood about 10% of what was on your to-do list. keep up the good work! I'm sure you are putting that type-A-ness to good work, and most of all working to the Glory of the LORD! Love you Liz...keep on keepin' on.