How I Procrastinate!

I spent a good three hours at my primary care physician's office yesterday for evaluation of my incessant back pain that I have had off and on for, oh, SIX YEARS. The doctor looked at me and said girl, why you been livin' like this for so long? (Yes she really did. And I didn't have an answer. Hence my title.) One urinalysis, eight x-rays, and four vials of blood later, I was diagnosed with scoliosis (though not in the area of my back where I experience the most severe pain) and sent to both an orthopedist and a physical therapist to treat both that condition and my lower back pain, whatever is causing it.

And she gave me drugs.

Muscle-relaxers that I take twice a day. Because what I need first thing in the morning is something to make me dizzy or drowsy.

But they WORK!!! I took my first one yesterday evening before dinner and a movie. Joel walked in the door from his class and I told him I had taken my first muscle-relaxer, and he said, "I know." How well my husband knows me. Apparently I was somewhat, shall we say, relaxed in my demeanor. But the pain was so much less that it's possible I was simply giddy with relief. We watched a movie and when I rose from the couch I got STRAIGHT UP. Easily. And could wiggle around without feeling muscle tension rippling through my back.

And the skies parted and light shone down from heaven, and the sound of angels praising God in the highest filled my living room.

Or at least my head. Might have been those muscle relaxers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how things may change in sooo many areas of life! :-) muscle relaxers rock!