If Church Were Like the NFL

A little comic relief on this Saturday morning...though I'm pretty sure I actually have seen some of this stuff in real churches, especially the clips of the pastors introducing themselves.

Highlights of the video: "pre-gaming" with communion cups; "have you ever bet on attendance?", King James vs. NIV, "Chief's fan - they play at 11".

I wish I could give a hat tip for this one, but I don't remember where I came across this little gem. Enjoy!

**HT: Irish Calvinist blog who hat tips a blog no longer in existence. Let me know if you can dig up any other background on the video.


5 comments:

Greg said...

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry... This may as well be happening at some places.

I did enjoy the pregame interview though, good stuff.

:-)

Scott Pearce said...

I wish you remembered from what source you found this. I can't tell if it's meant to be biting/convicting or just humourous. If it's intent is just humourous, I am very concerned--this is not stuff about which to be joking so lightheartedly. If it's a critical commentary, I think it lacks some mustard.

Elizabeth said...

I agree with you both. I'll dig around and try to find the source (could have just been on YouTube and linked on someone else's blog). Thanks for your comments!

Rebecca said...

hmmmm...i really am left wondering what my reaction should be. i think i'll leave it at that, i have no reaction.



:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice topic, but will this really work?