MyTube

You may have read my recent post on "Painting Pictures of Egypt", a song by Sara Groves. This is a song that has resonated with me since I first heard it. When I struggle with returning to an old sin or with impatience for God's blessings, this song helps me to see my discontent for what it is. It's ok to be honest with God about our feelings and our struggles, and to question His purposes, when the result is us turning back to the truth of His sovereignty.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up again is to say that Laurie and I recently sang this song in church. This was a huge deal for me because I am a chronic microphone phobic. This was the first time I ever sang a solo/duet where people could really hear me singing all by myself. Scary!

Laurie's hubby, Josh, recorded the song like any proud father would, and the result is that I can embed it here for your viewing (and listening) pleasure (or at least for your viewing and listening, even if it isn't pleasurable). It's like my own private YouTube - I call it MyTube.




Too bad you can't see my face at all. Wish I'd known!

Hopefully the video doesn't take up too much bandwidth. Let me know if it takes, like, an hour to load, ok?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Elizabeth,
The live version was terrific and I really enjoyed it :-) Meant to tell you that awhile ago!