Almost Famous...Sort Of

I'm famous!

You know how you feel super-cool when you have up-close, personal contact with someone who actually IS famous, and you bask in their reflected glory for, like, way longer than is probably appropriate? It's like that...

So I've been doing all this research for my dissertation on "Efficacy Expectations as a Mediating Variable in Marital Conflict Resolution" (or something like that). Amongst my, oh, fifteen thousand articles that I have gathered in my review of the literature, about 80% have had the names "Fincham" and/or "Bradbury" in the author spot. And 99% have these gentlemen at least cited somewhere in their discussion.

So as I am gathering measures to use in my dissertation, it comes as no surprise that I'm interested in the Relationship Attribution Measure, developed by none other than our dear Fincham, and an expectancy questionnaire designed by, you guessed it, the fair Dr. Bradbury.

So now for the part where I got famous.

I emailed these two really hugely famous researchers, at least one of whom was a Rhodes Scholar and is now a Big Important Honored Professor at Oxford. Me, this piddly little doctoral student, tugging at the sleeve of these Great Men, asking if I can use their Brilliantly Designed Measures.

And I got an email back!!!

Dr. Fincham the Unfathomably Intelligent sent me a response within, oh, five minutes. And it was TWO WHOLE LINES. They went something like this:

You are most welcome. I am so glad that you find it helpful.

Good luck with your research.


Obviously, my research will indeed be blessed with sweet favor.


I can't wait to see what the Fair Bradbury has to say!!

No comments: