Not Worryin 'Bout a Ting

My first batch of applications go out on Monday, and I am so close to being ready for that deadline! My essays are finished, as are my APPIC applications, Curriculum Vitae, reference letters (just have to pick up my last set from Covenant Counseling on Monday), and return postcards. I have lovely ivory linen resume paper, ivory envelopes with sophisticated clear labels - quite the epitome of professionalism, if I do say so. I am feeling confident that my applications will go out kicking butts and taking names. Or at least not portraying me as an incompetent slob who was accepted to graduate school via a gigantic misunderstanding involving the cosmos, the United States Postal Service, and my undergraduate registrar's office.

That last sentence is almost a direct quote from a hilarious article titled "Fledgling Therapist Disorder". I wish I could take credit.

Anyway, God has been so gracious in the last week or so to quell my anxieties and fill me with a sense of His sovereignty. It is always nice when my emotions line up with the promises of God, and I attribute it all to the prayers of His people on my behalf. Everything is going to be just fine because this entire internship situation is entirely in the palm of His hand. It may be a crapshoot as to whether I match, but it is a divinely fixed crapshoot and I look forward to the next year of my life, whatever it might bring.

Someone email me a link to this blog post on February 19, ok? I might be needing a dose of blessed assurance about then.

In the words of a great philosopher, "Every little ting is gonna be alright."

Ok, so I don't actually endorse Mr. Marley (mad reggae skills aside). But certainly his lyrics represent a rough synthesis of Matthew 6:34 and Romans 8:28? Think about it...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Liz, I am SO PROUD of you!!! I love reading of how you are relying on the LORD, because, as we know...we can do nothing outside of His plan!! Amen to that...God is good as always and He love you as always. We love you too! Keep it up!

Scott Pearce said...

I'm glad you clarified that sentence because I was wondering how your choice of resume paper reflected your understanding of the cosmos.