Such a Dainty Drinker

If you ever have a tea party, invite Niko. She's quite the politest and most delicate drinker-upper I've ever seen. Her method? Reaching down into the glass to scoop out a wee taste, and then cleaning her paw delicately of its sweet nectar. Quite prim and proper, especially for a cat.

Niko used to employ the old face-into-the-glass trick. But most likely the tall glasses get a bit tight around the ears, making it tough to get out quickly, and I have born witness to a few nasty bouts with carbonated beverages. Niko's bright: she needed a new way to drink people-drinks, preferably one that allowed her to test the waters (figuratively and literally) and make a quick getaway if need be. Her solution? Behold, the Dip 'n Sip:


Dip...


then Sip!

Takes awhile to drink a glass of milk this way, but it's form over function, I always say. (Do I?)

Surely this is worth blogging about, even if I didn't have loads of time on my hands and nobody to share it with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved these pics of your dainty Jersey kitty(usually jersians have a rep.for eating fast and rather rudely). I love to watch Callie wash her face after licking the remnants of a yogurt cup or cereal bowl. Glad Joel is joining you for the weekend--enjoy!

Rebecca said...

Poor Elizabeth...your cat is drinking your water.