On Cravings

I asked Joel and Brittany to give me a topic on which to blog, since it has been several days and I am not feeling quite motivated on any particular subject.

Brittany: Cravings!

Me: Cravings?

Brittany: Yeah, cravings!

Me: I don't have anything to say about cravings.

Brittany: A good writer can write about anything!

Me: Cravings, they are wonderful. Give in to them.

Brittany: What causes cravings, miss psychologist? Should you give in to them?

Me: Well, it depends on the craving.

Brittany: See?? You're running with it already!

I much prefer Joel's advice: Don't push it. Don't blog just to blog if you haven't posted in awhile.

But here it is anyway. Perhaps I had a craving for a new blog post?

P.S. regarding cravings: Always give in if they involve chocolate. Never give in if they involve an urge to punch someone in the face.

There....my wisdom, it is extensive and valuable.

Incidentally, the psychologist in me wonders why Brittany suggested cravings. What are you craving, sister of mine, that you would suggest this as a blog topic? This indicates a deep and profound lack of something in your life. Do you feel unloved? Without purpose? What is it that you think you need? With what craving are you struggling? Are you sufficiently embarrassed at being psychoanalyzed on the interweb?

4 comments:

Joel said...

i rest my case

Anonymous said...

great post!

Scott Pearce said...

Perhaps you could explain how it was that you ended up at a Pearl Jam show last week.

Anonymous said...

I have never had the "craving" to punch anyone in the face. I have, however, been very jealous that you saw eddie vedder before me. *pout* but i still love you (in case you were wondering).