I Am That Cat Lady

So "we" moved to Pennsylvania on Saturday, and by "we" I mean that lots of people helped move the things that Joel and I own to a little two-bedroom apartment in Sinking Spring, and then Joel promptly left me here to drown in a cruel ocean of boxes and loneliness.

Actually, he departed with great angst and sadness because he realizes it is his husbandly duty to continue working at his stable job until he lands something in the correct state (and county, Lord willing). It's amazing to me that despite a full year of a long-distance relationship, I still become an emotional wreck when he leaves me. You'll be relieved to know that with the help of my cats and generous portions of Party Cake ice cream, I have pulled myself back together.

All that to say, I'm here! And I have a LOT of time on my hands. The nice people at Giant have gotten to know me well, since my regular outings there to swap Redbox movies are the highlight of my days and constitute my entire social agenda. I already have a Bonus Card and am well on my way to racking up points and savings!

Many, many thanks to Becca and Liam for visiting the other day (I love that we're close enough to do that now!); your company was a beautiful respite from the sound of silence. Literally. You know what I'm talking about, Liam.

Not much else to say. I think I'll go organize my closet by color and sleeve length. Or perhaps sort the recycling...that's not really part of it, but it's still very important.

3 comments:

Scott Pearce said...

I think I'm the only married Pearce sibling who doesn't really like the "Business Time" song, but I still get a kick when you guys make reference to it.

Rebecca said...

The latter half of your post made me laugh (quietly because Liam is attempting to nap upstairs and Daddy downstairs, I am in the middle). The former half made me remember, with sadness, the long long months between seeing Scott, as well. If you want more screaming baby, just let me know.

Jimmey said...

Hello psycho cat lady - psycho meaning someone who fixes psychos. Not an actual psycho herself. Crazy maybe. Crazy cat lady who happens to be a psychologist.