Landslide Victory

The final tally for our Christmas Spirit vote looked like this:

Why wait? Deck the Halls! - 5
Give it another week or so - 3
At least wait until after Thanksgiving - 4
Christmas Eve? - 1
You're as bad as the retailers! - 1

Since it has now been close to a week since I originally opened the polls, I would consider the first two categories to be essentially the same vote. Therefore, a total of 8 votes were cast for seeing the Christmas colors fly before Thanksgiving. Those of you who voted for after Thanksgiving - I hear you, I really do. We won't decorate our house until Thanksgiving (well, actually, we'll probably do it early so that we arrive home from PA to full Christmas regalia). But the Christmas season is just so darn short - hardly a month of Christmas decor before I would need to change it up for "winter" in January. I'm thankful that so many of you support an immediate overhaul!

More regular posts coming soon...in theory...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a vote for waiting til after Thanksgiving, but I admit I was getting tired of the orange color...not my favorite.

Natali Monnette said...

Love the new look.

Joel said...

change it up for "winter"? i guess that means we would take down our christmas decorations and put up our....one (maybe?) winter decoration? :-)

Scott Pearce said...

Aren't you still mowing grass in Dixie Land? I refuse to check your blog until Christmas Eve!

Elizabeth said...

What a diversity of perspectives here in my comments area! Nothing like a decor change to elicit a few compliments, a few digs on the old look, and some general remarks from the peanut gallery.

Elizabeth said...

And it was more of an ochre, really....

Rebecca said...

i think you may have tweeked your poll a bit Liz, or maybe voted a few times on your own??

the blog is pretty though :-)